Public Worship Suspended
The Archbishops of Canterbury and York are calling for Church of England churches to put public worship on hold and become a “different sort of church” in the coming months to face the challenge of coronavirus. See the Church of England website.
Until further notice, all public services have been cancelled and the Minster will be closed.
There are services and other meetings being organised through the website and Zoom. The Minster Zoom Meeting ID is , 883 2976 1518.
It is possible to join the Zoom services through the telephone number 0203 481 5240. Enter the meeting number (883 2976 1518) and follow the instructions. (You will need to use # key)
SERVICES on ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCING:
If you have not used Zoom before then please note the following:
* You can either download the App or just join through the internet. You will need the meeting ID above. Either way seems to work.
* put your device landscape if you are using the video setting,
* In Active Speaker: the visible video goes to anyone speaking or making noise
* In Gallery View you can see screens for everyone participating
* there is a slight delay on audio so voices come in at different times. The Lord hears us all so please just roll with it,
* check you have video enabled if you want to be seen, though it is best to leave the Audio disabled until you want to speak.
* logon early and you will see/hear anyone else who arrives. That way you get a moment to check everything is working and get help if you need to,
* the leader will allocate who reads which part of the service to avoid overlap
Keep us, good Lord, under the shadow of your mercy.
Sustain and support the anxious
be with those who care for the sick,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may find comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen