The Church of St James, BH21 7DJ
In 1284 Henry de Lacey obtained a licence from Edward I, to build a chapel at Holt to celebrate Divine Service.
With the Dissolution of the Monasteries, the priest lost his home. By 1563 Holt was included within the Parish of Wimborne, and in 1834 the church was rebuilt. It boasts a Jacobean pulpit and a bell from the Minster.
Read more history
What we do now
- Evensong 1st Sunday of the month 18.00
- Parish Communion 4th Sunday of the month 10.00
Include the following:
- Harvest Service
- Candlelit Service of Nine Lessons and Carols with the Benefice choir
- Christmas and Easter services
- Songs of Praise in July held on Holt Green
- Monthly Prayer group
- Monthly Bible Study
- Monthly lunches
General useful information
The Church of St James also benefits from Holt Village Hall, which is next door (www.holtvillagehall.co.uk, firstname.lastname@example.org) and Holt Parish Hall 01202 887267, which is conveniently across the street, with generous parking, and The Old Inn at Holt pub.